• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Hello again

Started by imoore, November 21, 2018, 04:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imoore

Hi all

Been a long time since I have posted.
The tourer has been undergoing a slight birthday. Stripped back to chassis painted and built back up.
I have just completed the body and doors. 2 tone cream and brown, like it was. While I had the dash out I was able to fill all un wanted holes. now it looks so much cleaner. Better still, I went to a local swap meet and I was able to pick up a reconditioned head light switch. Could not believe it. The car has been missing this for ages.
Hoping to have the car back on the road by end of February. To enjoy whats left of our summer (AUS). Then come winter the task of engine rebuild will commence.

Still got a few problems I need to fix before even road worthy. Steering drag link has worn very thin. So is going to need rebuilding. not sure how to tackle that yet.
Tailshaft. one fitted at the moment is not the greatest. looks like a back yard farm yard job.

Does anyone know of anyone who sells repo bonnet latches and rubbers for taillight brackets.

Ill post some pics, but first need to upload to computer.

Regards Ian   
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

racertb

Looking forward to the pics!

chetbrz

Hi Ian

Looking forward to the pictures.   Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

imoore

racertb

frankp

I agree, Ian.  Great work!
frank p

chetbrz

Really Nice. I hope mine will come out half that nice.

Great job.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

imoore

Thanks guys. This is the first time i have ever high filled, guide coat and sprayed acrylic paint.  Its all been self taught along the way.

You could say the painting was the easy bit. cutting and polishing is an absolute pain. Again first time. Learned the not what to do and rubbed through the paint in 2 spots (s*#t). Hopefully i can fix them and blend it with out it being noticeable.

Ian

29UJohn

The color looks great!
Hood latches are hard to find. I do not know of anyone who remakes them.
I do not think the taillights had rubbers.  I cut gaskets for mine.
John
1929U 4 Dr