• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

jack

Started by Rusty, June 12, 2010, 12:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty

I bought at auction a jack that was lisited as a "model a" jack.  It looks like it is a normal jack for the era.  Where is it to be stored?  Do you just place in on the floor under the front seats?   rusty
I did look at the spare tire, which is complete flat.  I do not think the jack is going to be much help at this time.

Rusty

I was taking the rear seat apart.  It turns out that someone had taken the lower seat and screwed it to the floor.  Once I took that all apart, there is a storage area under the seat.  Cool.  There are a bunch of drain holes also.  It seems that there are a lot of drain holes for a closed body car.  I found no tools or such (or spare parts).  It appears that the interior was not done in the spirit of keeping it orginial.
The window glass all seems in very good shape with no delaminate going on so I would bet they are  also "new".  I have a winter project all lined up now.
rusty

Rusty

This is the jack I got.
National standard   leader 21
patend date 09 (1909 I would bet)
It works for my purpose,  unsure what it truely came from.  I looks like a wood handle is to be used but it came with no handle
rusty