• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Windshield Wipers

Started by SteveG, December 25, 2014, 06:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveG

Just had my wiper motor re-built and need to know if the vacuum tubing from the manifold to the motor is copper all the way?

Also what size tubing is it?

Thank you,

SteveG

racertb

I'm not sure how correct mine is, but on my roadster its 1/8 (I believe) copper from the manifold connection to up under the dash.  Where it comes out of the dash at the corner near the windshield post it is 3/16 and silver...either painted or aluminum.  The last foot of line is rubber where it meets the motor.

SteveG

I have 3/16 tubing to run from the manifold to the 3/16 that comes out from the wiper, rather then using the 1/8 as is in your car. (I don't have 1/8 available right now).

I don't think the will size make a difference, unless it has to do with increasing the vacuum. I'm probably over thinking this.

I going to hook it up and see if the rebuilt Trico motor works.

Thank you.

SteveG

SteveG

Hooked it up and the wipers work as they should.

Here's a great guy who really knows about wiper motors.

http://www.wiperman.com/

SteveG

racertb

Thanks for the info on the Wiperman.   Is your line copper for the entire length?

SteveG

I ran about 3' of 3/16" copper tubing  from the intake manifold to under the dash and then 3/16'" rubber vacuum tubing to the tubing that comes down from the motor.

I don't think it matters much what kind of tubing you use. It was just stuff laying around the mess I call a shop. I think the copper tubing looked better in the engine compartment. The rubber tubing is a lot easier to use then messing with copper fittings, just slip it over the copper.

On/off switches are almost impossible to find. Wiperman suggested that aquarium stores stock something that will work. I'll look tomorrow.

SteveG