• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Tyres

Started by imoore, June 28, 2012, 06:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imoore

Hi all,
A fellow member (wellery) has come up with a idea to bulk buy tyres for our vehicles.
I think this is a brilliant idea as we both require tyres. For me, the size i need is 500X20 which i think is the size for both 28 and 29.
Is there any one else who requires them?
I am also thinking we should get the tubes as well.
Ill do a call around and find brands and prices, if anyone else can help with this it would be appreciative.
Just a note we are both located in victoria, so this is kinda isolated to around here, interstate could be possible but freight would need to be organised. 

Any suggestions or help welcome.

Ian
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

Tinkeys

If its any help , 1-1/2 years ago I paid $450 each for whitewall tyre with tubes and bands x 5 my size was 19"x475/500 tyre place in Bayswater Vic.

wellery

Ian

I think what we need to do is find out globally who needs treads, and what size as they should be the same requirements as everybody, also we need to find out what brands people prefer and/or like - as then we can approach a supplier and get something sorted  - even if you need one tyre or just a spare to keep in the garage (some of us need more) then we can get something squared away - or if anybody has contacts in the states or anywhere else around the globe - then we maybe able to offer them a constant supply of orders to reduce pricing.

I think what Ian is asking is a fair question - so if you want tyres then please answer, we do not need to isolate it to down under !!!!!!!!

Cheers

Wayne

SDGlenn

Hey Friends "down Under" ( I never did understand the down under) .
Try this web site:

http://www.cokertire.com

I bought 4 tires from them last year, WWW/475/500 X 20 for just over 500  for the 4 of them, plus shipping. I'm happy with them. I don't know what the shipping problems would amount to thought to "down under".
Good luck with that.
SD Glenn\
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Hi Glen !
I think down under refers to Australia is on bottom half of the globe !
Cheers Tony

imoore

Thanks for the suggestion SDGlenn, i will send them an email and see if they can help or not.....
I did a ring around today on lunch brake. Still waiting to hear from 2 of them but antique tyres in heidelberg was very helpful, $209 excelsior or $235 firestone (both black wall) and $35 tubes. The local Bob jane quoted at $295 inc tube. Prices GST inc.  I also inquired about bulk purchase one place said they can't do much better with prices and another said to email them and they will see what they can do. 

At this stage i have about 9 tyres on the list, the more people we get who needs them, the better chance we have of a bargain deal.

Will keep you posted with more prices / brands etc

Ian

aussieQ

Hi Ian,

One of our members in the DVHCC (Glenn Richardson) was a tyre importer. When I caught up with him at the Berwick Swap he said that he wasn't doing it anymore but would still be able to source tyres for our club members if we were wanting any.
I'll give him a ring and get him to quote us for a bulk buy. I also need a ful set.

Gary

wellery

Gary

Thanks I need a set of Five (5) any help is appreciated

Cheers

Wayne

aussieQ

Hi Wayne,

Do you want white wall or black?

I'll get a quote for both anyway.

Gary

imoore

Hi Gary
I need 5 aswell.  black wall

Thanks Ian

wellery

Gary

Black wall thanks mate!!!

Cheers

Wayne

imoore

At this stage i am not having much luck. i have had no replays about bulk purchase. will ring antique tyres again tomorrow.

The situation for me is i am looking at purchasing tyres next week regardless. This is because my club is having a memorial run in about a month and i would like to have her ready. so basically i am running out of time.

Will keep you updated

ian

aussieQ

Hi Guys,

i spoke to the contact i was put on to re bulk buy. The best I could come up with for Firestone tyres was $245 each and $10.00each for tubes and rust bands. problem was if we wanted free delivery from sydney we had to wait until the bendigo swap in November.

i was also told that they had a lot of complaints about Excelsior tyres. has anyone had any problems with Excelsior tyres. I have them on the front of my car and other than showing signs of age (cracking), I hadn't had a problem and forund them great to drive on.

Gary

imoore

I finally got some figures from antique tyres.
This is based on 14 tyres
Excelsier 500/20. in stock
tyres: $190 ea 
Tubes: $33ea
bands: $37ea
This equals to a total of: $3640
He also mentioned that they are a good reliable tyre and he uses them on his vehicles.

Unfortunatly for firestone we would have to wait 6 or so weeks as he has no stock.

As a bulk purchase we are not saving much at all, about 300 bucks. Which is stuff all.

Another idea would be to, if possible, purchase the tyres by them self and then get the guy who Gary used for tubes and bands.
Just a thought.

chetbrz

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member