• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

For Amusement Only

Started by frankp, December 12, 2016, 06:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankp

I got my brake cylinders and hose back late last week.  I wanted to paint a bit before install.  Attached the rear hose and the front to frame fitting while paint was drying, 2 days.  Then installed the wheel cylinders and attempted the hoses in front - wrong size i.d. washers.  Back to B & E today.

It's been a bit chilly here and the garage has no heat except for the hot buttered rum in the under paid flunky doing this work.  Thought you might enjoy seeing what this Ply has replaced in the garage.  That convertible is longing for 70+ degrees.
frank p

chetbrz

It's been pretty nasty around here but no snow yet.  I am hoping to avoid snow to after New Years.

Fingers crossed, I have a feeling this will be a snow filled winter once it starts. ::)
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

frankp

Chet,    I hope the snow is delayed for you, except for the resort areas that depend upon it.  This cold is for all the animals who hibernate.  Below 0 temps are just not my cup of tea.  Oh well, enough whining about what can't be controlled.  Watching Ted's progress is very encouraging and your making great strides.  Keep up the excellent work, men!

Painted cylinders and front banjo.
frank p

Crazydave

Frank, hows progress? Assuming our big warm up into the 30's has you motivated again.

frankp

Dave,  Finally installed all wheel cylinders and finished the master cylinder yesterday.  Bought brake fluid and cotter pins for the axle nuts, today.  Can start to bleed and find out where the leaks are.  With the wretched weather in the forecast, I don't see a road test in the near future, but who knows?
frank p