• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

great source for early Plymouth information

Started by kimmc, January 22, 2019, 12:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimmc

I recently revisited Tod Fitch's web-site that is a gold mine of valuable information about vintage Plymouths.  While exploring the site I discovered model specification information that I had previously overlooked.  I thought it would be worthwhile to pass this along on the forum as there are frequent questions posted about various mechanical tolerances and standards of adjustment.  I am going to describe step by step instructions to retrieve the great work Tod has done to consolidate all these details for us.  If you are already aware of this you can skip the remainder of this post.

First, go to ply33.com
Home page will appear with Home, Model Info, Repair, Parts, etc; click on Model Info
On Model Info page there will be a line with Intro, Q, U, 30-U, PA, PB, etc; click on your Plymouth model (I am using U as an example)
After clicking on the model you choose, U in my case, that page will come up (1929 Plymouth in my case)
On the year model Plymouth page, (Engineering Code xx), there's a list Highlights & commentary, Production & Serial Nos, Specifications, etc
Click on Specifications; there beneath a brief table a line states Detailed Specifications & Standards of Adjustment are on another page
Click on Detailed Specifications & Standards of Adjustment; a multi-page table will show the many specifications for your selected model

Hope these directions are clear.  Try it, you'll like it.  And Thank you Tod Fitch.