• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Horn Bracket

Started by racertb, September 17, 2013, 08:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racertb

Well, I thought I had one on eBay (with a horn I didn't need), but just ended up losing it...does anyone know of one or perhaps have an "extra" horn bracket for sale?  You know, the kind that mounts to the left side of the engine that has the 90 degree bend???  This is like trying to find the Holy Grail for me...

I know there's one out there somewhere....

Ted

chetbrz

Ted,

It doesn't seem like it would be a hard piece for a metal shop to fabricate.   All you need is a tracing and a couple of measurements.   I could provide both but I will not be in the same state as my car for another 3 weeks.  Who knows, next month I might stumble across one at Hershey although that might be like winning the lottery.

Good luck,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Old Man

I seem to remember that this bracket was the same for many years. Does it not mount under a head nut or 2? And it has a two piece spring mount on the horn end that mounts to the horn with two of the horn's rim bolts? If I'm right this bracket is the same on any Plymouth or Dodge that mounts the horn on the cylinder head around the '28 to '35 model years.   

imoore

Gday ted
Awhile back i was given a wreck engine and drive train. Which i stripped for what i needed.
Now i do remember it having a horn bracket. But not sure if i kept it.
Will have a look for u. If i did keep it i know it had a broken corner.
Will let u know.
Ian. 
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

racertb

Thanks Ian!

Old Man - my current setup for the horn has it mounted on a small L-shaped bracket on the left rear (driver's side) head bolt.  I'm quite sure this is incorrect and was done this way since the original (correct) horn bracket was never on the car.

racertb

I was able to find a bracket...the horn is now correctly mounted:

[/URL]

frankp

Looks good, glad you found one!  frank
frank p