• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Finally got Her Home

Started by wellery, January 30, 2012, 11:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wellery

Hi All

Finally got the Ply 29U home from Central Victoria on a stinking hot Sunday.  The last pic is of my 8 year old son with his grandad's grave in the background- as I grew up in central and my grandfather (farmer and boilermaker) and father (Farmer and Fitter/Turner) gave me the love of fixing things and cars - It was my sons idea to go and show them the latest project - he said "they really loved it dad" - hope you blokes don't think this is morbid but I thought it was a lovely gesture on his behalf!!!!

Hope all is well

Wayne

PS Sorry Tony i didn't get the chance to drop through as it was bloody hot and the young bloke was about buggered - my apologises once again
PSS the young bloke has a love of cars as well to the Australians can you guess the classic car on his shirt

SDGlenn

So, you are human, or maybe I am morbid also. lol  Great pictures, I would hate to take on a project with that amount of work to do, I don't think I would live long enough. Great project, please keep us updated, maybe we can help you find parts. Very nice looking young chap with you also.

SDGlenn
SDGlenn

Bearings 46

aussieQ

Hi Wayne,

Glad to see that you've got it home. Thought your sons tribute to his grandfather really great. Definately nothing morbid about it.
You,ve taken on a big project. Good luck with it.
Are you going to make it into a Ute or rebuid it as a tourer? If you go the way of the Ute I'd be very interested in seeing what design you use for the tray. I have just sold my 36 Plymouth sedan to make way for my next project. I'm wanting a 28 "Q" ute for a unique hearse body I have. It was built by a "Chippy" in a small town near Hobart. If he had a funeral he would clean up his builders ute and slide the hearse body on. After he would slide the hearse off the Ute, put his tools back in and go back to building houses.
Interested to hear if anyone knows of a "Q" ute that might be available.

regards

Gary S

Tinkeys

Good to see its home ! Even better to see that your son is also very keen , I like what you did about being morbid I thought it was great .
We will catch up at some time I'm sure !
I have a suggestion try to let your son to do things on the car that he is capable of ,just think it makes it more special .
Cheers Tony.

wellery

Thanks Guys Thanks for all your kind words and support!!!!

Tony it does make it more special - Jasper my son has been spraying INOX (http://www.inox-mx3.com/inox.htm) on everything and helping me with setting it up on the car stands - The only problem that I thought all my tools were mine - but he has informed me that they are his and I can borrow them if I need them when he is at school - LOL.  He has his own face mask, earmuffs and safety glasses that a mate of mine gave him.

Have found a little bonus on the girl a Holden Badge on the body left side of Vehicle – as well as the Clum switch at the bottom of the steering column– Medallion on dash is missing but Engine Number is U7575 my other one that is still in Queensland Engine Number is U5207 – 2368 engines apart.

SD Glenn will certainly look you up for parts and thanks in advance!!

GaryS – The one here is a Tourer and the one up north is the roadster with the ute back – will try and get the dimensions for you of the timber layout – do you have a pic of the hearse back – Have a few ideas about doing a ute back we should start a new thread?

All the Best

Wayne

wellery

More Pics of the Both 29 Plys

wellery

More Pics of the Both 29 Plys

wellery

aussieQ

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the pictures and for the offer of the dimensions. Also a good idea of yours to start a Ute building thread. A little tied up tonight, but once I have the Berwick swap over with I will start the thread and post a few pictures of the hearse, also photos of a 26 Chrysler Buckboard that I wish I had of kept.

Regards

Gary S

chetbrz

One word awesome..., Good Luck

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

29roadster

HI Wayne
What a beauty, Looks just like mine when i got her. I can see a spot for a door!!!!! haha
Good luck and i will keep an eye out for parts.  Glenn