• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

1934 dodge

Started by Tinkeys, December 27, 2011, 04:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkeys

One step closer got 34 radiator shell polished and painted gloss black and is back on car will post a picture later !

Tinkeys

almost finished ! radiator Grill that is !

Tinkeys

Tinkeys

Have been quietly working away on 34 got the windscreen winder tape made and working !

Tinkeys

Got all of dash wiring done except for turn indicators !

SDGlenn

Everything we've seen looks top knotch, keep up the great work. You are pretty patient and proactive on getting that auto done.
Take care
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Thank you Glen !
I have now another heardle to jump I have discovered that r/hand front mud guard has not been repaired correctly and will need to take car to body repairer to stretch panel where it meets radiator at front , It was not dummy assembled before painting, to line up bumper bar hole is out by 1- 1/2" , this will need to be   repainted !

SDGlenn

Hey Tony, I understand where you are coming from, been there - done that.lol
Now I am gong to move my front bumper back about 3 inches, I can do that without effecting the look very much (on the 1939 Roadking).  The reasoning? I need a car that is 3 inches shorter so it will fit in my enclosed trailer. Right now only the 29 Plymouth will fit. I like to haul them to the parades, etc,  and there are a lot of "Centenial" cellibrations this year also. Take care,
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Windscreen is chromed and is ready for assembly going back on car in 2 days !

Tinkeys

Just finished all windows in car and operating , wiper motors are a goer ,not much left now , hidden speakers to mount , 1 head light to finish , horns ,headlining and top cover, carpet and speedo cable,outside door handles, then test run on the road !!!

chetbrz

Sounds like you are almost ready.  Post a picture when you are back on the road.

Great Job,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Tinkeys

Just had one more set back !
I had attempted to take dodge for a test run  and go to end of drive way and discovered I have a very unique car it has 1 forward gear and 3 reverse gears  , mmmm interesting .

SDGlenn

Try shifting with your other hand, or stand on your head, or turn your seat 180 degrees. That is all the help I can give at this time. lol    Did you have the trans apart? Seems strange to me. Good luck with that one.
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Doug

You know this. flip the dif

Tinkeys

Thank you guys !
After looking into this , looks as though diff housing is correct and the differential carrier or centre has been installed up side down and I verified this by looking through oil filler hole and can only see the back of crownwheel should be seeing crown wheel teeth.
I never thought this was possible to do , on looking closer at workshop manual plan view of differential crown wheel looks to be in centre line of carrier .
Looks as though I will have one of the fastest 34 dodges in a reverse race !
Just for the record it wasn't me !!
Just another heardle .cheers Tony.