• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

brake line hose

Started by Rusty, September 30, 2009, 09:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty

I need all new hoses as I could tear mine with my bare hands, yes, I have been working out.  I saw on chet's web site that he used new hoses.  Would you have the part number that is on the line by chance?

thanks.   I currently have the shoes off to be relined.

chetbrz

I got my set from Andy in Connecticut.

See link to web site.  Prices are good customer service leaves much to be desired.  Fast shipment.

http://www.oldmoparts.com/

If he doesn't have any there are other sources.

Classic & Exotic

See link:

http://www.classicandexotic.com/

Happy Hunting,  Chet...

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

29UJohn

I'd go with Classic and Exotic.  They are more expensive, but they actualy make them new and they are right. 

You never know what you will get from Andy, and customer service is not good either.  I ordered one hose from him, to be sure it was right, then ordered the other two - and the fitting was wrong.  I called him about it and he acknowledged they were not right but said it was the best he could do.
John
1929U 4 Dr

1929luv

I bought mine from this man here he is oversize and does a wounderful job and the are a third of the price of american sold hoses.  You can ask him to put ones on ebay for 29 plymouth and he will do so or just sell them to you mabey 21.95 for set of three and shipping is real cheap. worth checking out I was  very happy and have them on the car now.  Good luck craig

this is the seller and go to ebay and pull up this number in the Ebay search and he will come up
kaiserlyon ( 975)  99.6%

Item number: 320433009739

chalten

Hello everyone,

short question: can anyone tell the diameter of the cooper tubing of the brake system? inner and outer diameter. I will have it done this week, so if anyone can help I will apreciate it.

best regards,

martin

Tinkeys

Hi All  !!
     I bought my hoses from ebay CA. for 30u Are on car now work fine think I paid around $ 21 USD

SDGlenn

I got the hoses (3 of them) from  Andy  1-617-244-1118. I got them real quick and they fit great, and were of good quality. I also got the Wheeel cul kits, no problem there also. I'm happy with Andy Bumbaus. He might not be the friendlyest person I've talked to, but to everyone there own.
Glenn

SDGlenn

29UJohn

The copper brake line is 1/4 inch OD.  You can readily get modern 90-10 copper nickle that is approved for brake lines.  Do not use hardware store stuff on brakes.
John
1929U 4 Dr

chalten

Quote from: 29UJohn on March 05, 2011, 04:28:25 PM
The copper brake line is 1/4 inch OD.  You can readily get modern 90-10 copper nickle that is approved for brake lines.  Do not use hardware store stuff on brakes.

Dear all, thanks for your help! I hope that 2011 will see this long long endless project!!!

best regards
martin