• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Does anyone have a source/could I borrow a wheel puller?

Started by abradney, December 20, 2018, 05:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abradney

Hey folks, came to do my brakes today and even though I have assorted hub pullers, I never took this type of wheel into account.

Does anyone have a source, or could I borrow a hub puller for this wooden type wheel from somebody please?

Thanks in advance

29UJohn

A Ford Model TT rear wheel puller will work, but you will need a longer center bolt for it, which you can obtain from boltdepot.  The pullers are available from Ford Model T suppliers, such as Snyder's.
John
1929U 4 Dr

racertb

abradney

Articifer Tom

The best is made by George at customhubpullers.com . They are pricey but hand made and will remove the most seized hub . Yours may not need as it looks to have not been weathered much . If you need 2 3/8" can loan mine for postage . There are probability originals available on AACA forums . Would recommend always having one . And remember assemble is clean and dry on taper . You can lube key way .

racertb

abradney

Hey folks, so an update, I purchased the model T-2819-PT from Snyders (https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/hub-puller-rear).  The bolt was half inch to short so I just popped in a small section of 3/8 metal rod, screwed it on, worked a treat, hubs popped right off. 

Thanks for the useful information, now to hone out the rear brake cylinders and whack it all back together.

29UJohn

John
1929U 4 Dr