• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

It's Time......

Started by mopardave, October 21, 2007, 09:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopardave

to put the cars away for winter.  Everything is parked now until Spring. 
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

chetbrz

Sorry to hear that.  Today the weather man says the temperature here in Northern VA is going up to 80 this afternoon.  Kind-a unusual for a mid October day.  As far as I am concern as long as the ground is snow free I will be motoring about.  Although after this dry summer I suspect we will have a harsh winter.  If we don't, we may be in trouble regarding water supplies in the Northeast but especially the southern region.  Oh. Well.!! Plenty of stuff to do over the winter to get ready for the spring. 

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

mopardave

That is why I chose today to put the cars away.  It takes a full day to put all 5 away and it is so nice, I thought this would be a good time. 
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

chetbrz

Dave,

Do you have inside storage or do they get covered up for the winter.   You know Dave you are not that far away from me.  Maybe next summer I might take a run up your way and say hello.  I drive up to NYC about a dozen times a year.  Half the time I go through Harrisburg and take 78 into Newark, NJ. 

I went to Hershey this year for the first time.  It was actually overwhelming.  Too many venders and not enough time.  Next year I will make sure I cut out at minimum two days for walking around and will be better prepared as far as what I am looking for. 

I hooked up with Patrick (30 Ply 30U) from the POC board and got to put a face with the online handle.   He was with friends from LaPorte, Indiana.  I think he was there most of the week.  I found the main thing I was looking for and found some other things I wasn't looking for., but took them home anyway. 

Well if the winter snows pile up, keep in touch.  The next best think to driving these old cars is talking about driving them.

Cheers,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

mopardave

Yes, I have inside storage for all my cars.  I keep 4 at the house and the other 3 are in my other garage at my Father-in-Law's.  I am very familiar with Virginia.  I get down that way frequently.  I went to college in Blacksburg and I have a lot of friends there.

I have not been to Hershey for many years.  I am still a member of AACA, but I don't agree with a lot of their philosophies so I don't participate anymore.  I found that it took a lot of walking and there were very few Plymouth parts available.