• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Great find!

Started by Wrench29, May 03, 2012, 02:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wrench29

I found a guy near me who did not realize what he had. His grandmother had a 30 Plymouth and it had a trunk on the back. She always thought it would be stolen so she took it off when NEW and placed it in her barn. He inherited her items and is selling me the essentially brand new original trunk. $250 and I am glad to pay it!

SDGlenn

You must be doing something right to get such a "gift" from the Barn Find fairies.  Congrats
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

chetbrz

Wow.., What a find !!!!

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

aussieQ

Congratulations on a fantastic find!
Hope you post a picture soon. Would love to see it.

Gary.

Wrench29

I need some instructions how to do it and I have a good photo to post.

Wrench29

This trunk was in the barn between 70 and 80 years! The back is absolutely straight, while the top is curved. It is made of metal, wood and leather.

SDGlenn

I can not believe how beautiful that trunk is. "WOW"  I will give you $500 for it right now. lol, serious.. We will have to see it installed. Great picture.
SD Glenn

SDGlenn

Wrench29

Thanks, Glenn.  It is literally like new and in need of dusting and that is about it. The back is sort of straight, yet has an odd curve to fit the body of the car. Now if I can find some sort of luggage rack!!

Gary 30U

You have got to one lucky guy.

Luggage or trunk racks do come up on eBay once in a while, but you may have to wait a while.

Happy Motoring,

Gary R.

kimmc

There is a luggage rack on Ebay right now.  It looks in good condition but I am uncertain what car it fits.  Check it out; item #370610888759 or search 1929 plymouth.  That's is a very nice trunk.  mc