• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Distributor Insulating Strip

Started by racertb, April 27, 2014, 10:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frankp

Racertb - how are you doing?  Hope everything is ok.  Have to get that beautiful Roadster running.
frank p

racertb

Hi Frank,

Doing well and going to go at it again tomorrow.  Found some fish paper and put a piece in cut to the size you provided, bought two sets of points and condensers to make sure I have extras, and ready to try to static time again tomorrow.  On the AACA site, someone was talking about static timing a '25 Dodge and mentioned TDC was right at the point where you feel the pressure just starting to to release.  I was doing it right at full pressure or maybe slightly before?  So based on the '25 Dodge thread, I will try it that way.  I may still be too far advanced currently...

So I will try again... I have fuel, spark, distributor turns, correct firing order, etc.  Unless I'm missing or forgetting something, I think everything is right to get her started.  I was hoping to have her running by now.  I'll be sure to let everyone know one way or the othe .

Ted