• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Hubcaps - What do these fit?

Started by racertb, September 28, 2012, 04:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Man

Those hubcaps are for a specific short lived Plymouth called a 'Thrift'. Chrysler offered a cheap version of it's 1931 PA in a 2 or 4 door sedan in black only with wooden artillery wheels which appear to be left over from the 30U. It also lacked a temperature gage on the dash and free wheeling as a further reduction in cost. In 1931 Plymouth changed it's logo on it's hubcaps from a single 'P' on the 1930 30U caps to this full word with the 2 half moons on either side. This logo continued from '31 through '33. The '34 hubcaps sport a different logo. A 'full price' '31 PA which came in all the body styles had wire wheels and full face flat hubcaps with this logo and snapped into a 6" hole in the wire wheels. These Thirfts were the last of the screw on hubcaps for Plymouth or any other Chysler vehicle. The Thrift is quite rare today and I know of none existant. I know of another set of these Thrift caps for sale that have been in a glass case on a counter at different flea markets around me for several years. They were still for sale in Sept. No one has the car to put them on. Maybe these will find a home on the world wide net. (I have 2 myself. One good one and one in it's 2 pieces with quite a dent in the lower body.)

Not to get off topic but I have some conf. bulletins relating to the thrift if anyone is curious
Jason Anderson