• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Sunday - first outing of 2009

Started by chetbrz, July 14, 2009, 12:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

On Sunday I went over to the storage facility and removed the car cover on the 29 and fired her up for a drive.  After sitting since November she started right up without even charging the battery.  Just an FYI, I use a low pressure electric fuel pump.  The Kingston pump is there but it's currently just for show.  Someday I will hook it up. 

Cheers, Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Jim Yergin

Good news Chet. How far did you get to drive her?
Jim Yergin

29 doUg

Wow, I thought everyone was dead!

I wish my pump could be hooked-up, but the previous owner boogered it up by cutting up the innerds; Delco electric installed.

I need a new battery, but have been driving it frequently, albeit it on short runs.

Thought I had the speedo head remedied with the guts form a '30 Dodge. Worked for a few miles, then kapoot.

Anyone know where I can get a crystal for my fuel gauge?

Happy motoring!

Doug

Glad to see you up and riding. Not bragging, but my 30U stays here in the shop that I run my buisness from. I can take it out any time. The big problem is I see it evry day and it distracts me from my work.

chetbrz

Hi doUg,

Yes the board has been very quiet.  I guess that means everything is running well.  As far as the gas gauge is concerned I assume yours is on the tank like mine.  I would think it would be relatively easy for a glass guy to cut a new crystal for you.   Can't help with the speedo cable but will keep an eye open.

Jim,

Glad you stopped by.  I didn't drive around much basically I am helping my daughter move between two houses and she need the use of my storage space.  By the way I picked up a present for you that you might appreciate.  I am away this weekend and next but we have to hook up soon so I can give it to you.  When I saw it, I new a woody owner would appreciate it.  That's all I'm saying for now.

My goodness the forum lives,

Hay Doug, How are things down south ?

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

29 doUg

Chet, thats another thing; I am not completely sure it is the speedo head, it may be the cable like you said. I checked both end and they appear to be seating as required, not sure though.

Yeah, I'll have to check on getting the crystal custom cut.

On a side note, I am pretty sad that I may have to sell her. I think I can get more for the U than I can for my '61 New Yorker. Times are hard everywhere and I know it all too well. I guess I'll see.

chetbrz

I am sure I have another speedo head.  The tabs are broken on it but I can check it to see if it works.  Basically I use the Makita drill to turn the head.  Low speed is 15 mph high speed is 25 mph.  Believe it or not I picked it up in an antique store.  They weren't sure what car it was for.  You can swap the castings.

Chet...

Jim Yergin

Chet,
Sounds intriguing. Let me know when you are back in town.
Jim Yergin