• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Interior door handle finish

Started by hursst, March 12, 2018, 04:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hursst

Hello,
   I have a 30U roadster.  The original interior door handles are currently the color of raw pot metal.  I assume these would have been nickel plated originally, but since I see no trace of any plating anywhere, I am not 100% sure.  does anyone know how these interior door handles should be finished, originally?  Thanks!

-Chris

chetbrz

Chris.

Below is a link to a prior post with a lot of information concerning this topic.  Please review from the bottom up.

http://www.1948plymouth.info/28Q29U/index.php?topic=1120.msg7033#msg7033

John states:

"The Judging Guide for 28-39 states for "Internal Trim and Instruments" states, "Nickel-plated parts should be nickel" but does not state which parts those are.  No mention is made for the 28-29.  However, for 34, 36 and 37 the guide does state,"Interior bright work must be nickel plated."  I guess if the 1937 had nickel interior trim, the 28-29s would too". 

I have been told by POC nickel plate inside chrome outside.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

hursst

Thanks for the info.  My handles looks exactly like the handle shown in the photo with the roadster, and it looks like raw pot metal, like that one, too.  Those are the kinds of photos that get me wondering if these roadster handles are plated at all, when I see them all in a uniform grey natural pot metal.  I would assume they were plated, but I don't have 100% proof of that at this point.

-Chris

frankp

Thanks, Chet.  I had forgotten about that post and checked them today.  Yep, nothing changed over the winter!  Chris, I guess yours look like mine.  May be racertb can help since they are the same thru PA.   frank
frank p

racertb

My exteriors are chrome and the interiors were nickel I assume...looked like the worn pot metal and the holes were "rounded out".  I replaced both interior handles with Model A Roadster chrome handles...not correct, but look great!