• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

What was used between Running Board Trim ?

Started by Articifer Tom, May 19, 2020, 07:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Articifer Tom

Hello all . Got some remnants of running board trim that where broke and missing parts ,to put back on my '31 . I've repaired the splits an added pieces on edges of the aluminum rb trim . Had to totally make new short ends and 6" of back angle . Used round wood form to reshape front trim . I noticed pieces of webbing riveted to end pieces .  What should be between end and back to steel ? Was it web even to top or a beaded trim ?

frankp

I used a black welt with a small bead between board and fenders.
frank p

Articifer Tom

Thanks , tha'ts what another said . It was beaded oil cloth type welt . I found some matte black gaff tape in discount store today figure to rap it around some binder twine . May have to double .

chetbrz

Was there anything between the panel below the doors and the running board ?
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Articifer Tom

On my type '31-'32 trim was told all three sides same . It looks like from remnants it was riveted to trim and maybe thur to board edge .

frankp

It appears I have cork there, but don't remember if that was there originally.  Seems odd it wouldn't be the beaded welt too.  Must have been a reason I used cork.
frank p