• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

How does the radiator mount?

Started by Touring29, November 26, 2022, 04:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Touring29

I'm going to have to wait until the shell gets back from the chrome shop to tear it apart and see what the frame looks like on the radiator side. The radiator that is in it now is not correct as it has fins & tubes and a filler neck off to the side that you access from under the right hood. Whoever did it did a pretty decent job of making it work.

The one I am putting back is I assume a correct radiator because it was in a 29 grill shell and fit it perfect. I say its a 29 because according to you folks there isn't another Plymouth that uses the narrow shell and has the Plymouth logo. 

I hope this all works or I am going to have a bunch of money tied up in a radiator and grill I can't use :( You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

Russ T. Fender

I thought both the '28 and '29 had the Plymouth logo on the shell but the '28 logo was blue while the '29 was black. From your picture the logo on your shell looks black so that should be the right one.

Touring29

Quote from: Russ T. Fender on November 28, 2022, 07:47:56 PMI thought both the '28 and '29 had the Plymouth logo on the shell but the '28 logo was blue while the '29 was black. From your picture the logo on your shell looks black so that should be the right one.
Someone told me the 28 said Chrysler Plymouth and the 29 just said Plymouth since it was then made a separate division of Chrysler corp. and not just the name of a Chrysler.

The logo is blue & white identical to the one on the car now.

chetbrz

1928 Q Plymouth

You cannot view this attachment.

1929 U Plymouth

New 30 U  Plymouth

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Touring29

Quote from: chetbrz on November 28, 2022, 08:56:50 PM1928 Q Plymouth

1929 U Plymouth

New 30 U  Plymouth

The touring car in 29 had a very special and rare medallion that just said Plymouth but had blue water with a copper background....Not really I just made that up :) Its funny though I have two of them with just Plymouth on them and they are like the 28 without the Chrysler. 

chetbrz

I would suspect that the copper background is because the plating has been polished off. 

:) Chet
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member