• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Tire flap

Started by Rusty, March 03, 2018, 04:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty

Once I removed the tire, the tube was stuck pretty badly to the rim.  Is there supposed to be a rubber flap between the tube and rim.?  Is so, I am missing mine.

Crazydave

Yes there is. Coker Tire sells them. If you have 20" wheels I maybe able to dig one up for you . If used in descent shape is ok. See pictures below.

Rusty

I figure I will just place a order with Coker on Monday.  I need a bunch of tire stuff anyway.  I have a model A that I hot rodded that needs tires.  Thanks for the offer. 

29plycoop

One little trick sometimes forgotten is to use talcom powder on the flaps and inner tubes when installing then. It lets them seat properly when aired up and helps keep them from sticking together. - Rich
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.

racertb

When I put on new tires a few years ago, I went with new tubes and flaps, along with the wheel hardware for wood wheels.  I wanted everything new so I wouldn't have to think about it for a very long time.  At the time, I got everything from Universal Tire in Hershey.