• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

New to the forum...

Started by Crazydave, October 29, 2013, 11:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazydave

Hi guys new to the forum and these old Plymouth's. Here's my story.

So I sold a toy recently and I was kinda looking for my classic Olds I have always wanted. I took a stroll through a local classic car consignment place just to see what they had. He was showing me cars none which where what I was looking for or in a price range I wanted. I was about to leave when I had mentioned a Craigslist barn find I saw (Ford model T) and it was gone in with in 24 hrs, he said well you have to see this. An original 1929 Plymouth U fresh from the barn and very good condition. I gave it a quick look and went on my way. Well I came back the next week for a closer look after not being able to not get it out of my head, you just don't find cars this old in this condition.  I bought it after a closer inspection.

So I start my mission to seek out parts and info and stumble across Franks barn find thread, yep the one I just picked up. So I contacted him asking a few questions, and he was nice enough to come out and loan me his manuals. Big thanks to you Frank.

Little more background I come from Rogers MN, 5th generation farm family. This car comes from Rogers MN, 1 family has had it since it was new. Ellingson classic cars has the contact info for the former owners. They had planned on restoring it, but for some reason had to let it go. I plan on contacting them and getting more info. Chances are someone in my family knows of them.

I plan on starting a build thread and post pictures as I get time. I'll get into the details soon.

frankp

Welcome Crazydave.   These guys can provide a lot of valuable information as you preserve/restore your car.  frank
frank p

aussieQ

Welcome to the site and congratulations on purchasing a fine piece of motoring history, as all our plymouths are.

Gary S (Australia)

Crazydave

Well guys I have a project ahead of me, may need a hand tracking down parts. I started a Plymouth folder on my photo bucket account, its not real organized but I will continue to through pictures in as I go. Here is a link.

http://s466.photobucket.com/user/crazydave4455/slideshow/1929%20Plymouth%20U?sort=3  

I think I'll start a restore thread for this car, and update just that with my issues, frustrations and observations.

Dave

chetbrz

Quote from: Crazydave on October 30, 2013, 11:03:44 PM

http://s466.photobucket.com/user/crazydave4455/slideshow/1929%20Plymouth%20U?sort=3  

I think I'll start a restore thread for this car, and update just that with my issues, frustrations and observations.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the forum.  Really nice original car in great condition for 84 years old.  Nice picture book, your car has great potential.   You may also want to consider the Plymouth Owners Club 4 cyl experts as another resource for authentic restoration info.

Good luck,  Chet...

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

racertb