• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Drain Plug gasket

Started by Touring29, March 27, 2022, 09:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Touring29

Quote from: chetbrz on April 03, 2022, 09:50:31 AM
Quote from: Touring29 on April 02, 2022, 10:32:57 PMThe serial # is U26664 The casting # is 301029-2 with 22529 above it and a H below it. It has no water or fuel pump. I may be wrong but I think it may be the original motor.
After it sat for a couple of hours I checked it again and it shows 1/2 way between the add and full marks with 4 quarts.  I can't believe it took awhile to drain down since the filler is not far from the pan. I think I'll call that the new full and hope it leaks less. Thanks everyone

b
Sorry I thought I had a list of engine serial numbers but I can't find it. Anyway I would think that your engine is original to your car and manufacture in 1929.  You are only 5,000 different than my engine number and my car was built in the March 1929 time frame.  I think it's a safe bet that it is a 175.4 CID.  Your car may have rolled of the assembly line roughly around that same time.

I am amazed at how well it runs for a engine over 90 years old. It starts easy and never smokes even a little bit. The brake and clutch pedals are worn smooth in places so its not a low mileage garage queen. One of these days I'll get a borescope and see if I can see a oversize stamp on the pistons.