• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Just a thought...

Started by Touring29, April 09, 2022, 10:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Touring29

We plan to go to the Pate Swap Meet later this month. Its huge and we are not able to walk the whole thing but will cover part of it anyway. I was thinking that if I had a list of 28-29 parts people needed we might stumble on to something. I couldn't buy and ship a bunch of stuff but maybe I could connect someone to a vendor and they could work out the details.

Russ T. Fender

That is a great idea.  I am looking for the windshield riser mechanism for my 30-U coupe.  They are as scarce as hens teeth but you never know.  Condition is not that important as the gears are available from the Filling Station.  What I need most is the crank handle mechanism but the whole set up would be great.  Chevy used a splined shaft set up for the crank handle and Plymouth used the square shaft but otherwise they are the same.

Touring29

Quote from: Russ T. Fender on April 09, 2022, 07:09:52 PMThat is a great idea.  I am looking for the windshield riser mechanism for my 30-U coupe.  They are as scarce as hens teeth but you never know.  Condition is not that important as the gears are available from the Filling Station.  What I need most is the crank handle mechanism but the whole set up would be great.  Chevy used a splined shaft set up for the crank handle and Plymouth used the square shaft but otherwise they are the same.

Are you ok with the Chevy unit or only the Plymouth flavor? Since its small if I am lucky and find one I'll get it. I may get phone #'s from you and anyone else wanting stuff and I'll call from there and make sure I am getting the right part and if the price is ok.

Russ T. Fender

I need the Plymouth version with the square shaft for the crank handle.  The Filling Station will use it to put the assembly together with the  gears  they have.  I have done what you are proposing for others at Hershey and it works well, especially if there are a few people canvassing the field so you get to cover it all.