• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Distance Driving

Started by racertb, November 20, 2012, 11:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racertb

What's the furthest distance you've driven your old Plymouth?  For me, it's only been 40 miles one way with the total trip only being about 115 miles.

I'm thinking of driving to Ormond Beach/Daytona Beach FL his weekend from Orange Park which is 90 miles one way...I'd be off the main roads and would stop occasionally to "check on things".   I'm thinking it will take me 2 1/2-3 hours.  Weather is supposed to be perfect!

chetbrz

Sounds like fun.  Hopfully you won't run into Holiday Traffic. 

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

frankp

I hope you had a safe and uneventful trip.  That would have been fun!

In 2001, drove about 220 mile to POC National meet on a Thursday.  Saturday drove 215 to wife's nieces' wedding.  Sunday, 240 back home.  One particular back road was memorable, a first gear hill out of the Mississippi River valley.  I was thinking how much fun it would be to back up that sucker in a Model A!!
In 2002, about 165 one way to another POC meet.  A lot of seat time!

What spare parts did you take?
frank
frank p

racertb

Well, the trip to and from was a success.  Over 200 miles of great driving and perfect weather...very happy with the car.  I brought several hand tools, a gallon of distilled water, a quart of oil, car cover and detailing supplies for the show.  Didn't need anything other than the detailing supplies!

Also had my GPS to check the speed.  It turns out I'm only 2 mph off.  40 mph on the speedometer is 42 on the GPS.

mopardave

I put about 150 miles a year on my "Q", but it is all short hops.
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

chetbrz

Quote from: racertb on November 28, 2012, 09:23:27 PM
Well, the trip to and from was a success.  Over 200 miles of great driving and perfect weather...very happy with the car.  I brought several hand tools, a gallon of distilled water, a quart of oil, car cover and detailing supplies for the show.  Didn't need anything other than the detailing supplies!

Also had my GPS to check the speed.  It turns out I'm only 2 mph off.  40 mph on the speedometer is 42 on the GPS.

Sounds like a great trip.  Any pictures of the show ?

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member