• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

29 U Gas Tank Redo.. Oh! My...

Started by chetbrz, January 13, 2008, 04:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

The gas tank in my 29 has been giving me trouble since I bought the car, so this weekend.., out it came.  It has a number of issues but it is still pretty solid after all these years.  A little body solder and a good interior gas tank paint should do the trick.  I would also like to find the tank gauge that was originally used.  I would be interested in one that was in any condition so that I could fabricate the parts to make it work again.  If anybody can help.., it would be appreciated, even another complete tank with all the appropriate parts if it is in a restorable condition.

I am looking for a Gauge, Float & Cap assembly Plymouth part number 42666 or 300539.  This is the listing the Plymouth Master Parts List gives for a Model U prior to RS-400-L.  My car is RY-888-W.

I don't think this setup was unique to only Plymouths.  Does anybody have any info on this part or does anybody sell reproductions.

Tks,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member