• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

engine bay splash pans....

Started by kimmc, November 20, 2017, 06:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

29UJohn

My 29U was mounted like Tom's but with a Klaxon 14 horn,  I eventually found a Klaxon 12 and a bracket for the water inlet.
John
1929U 4 Dr

chetbrz

Kim & Tom,

I traced the front pan support.  The pictures below illustrate how I traced it.  The flat length of the material would be 17" long 16 gauge steel by 4.5"wide (actual measured 4 7/16" wide)

If you want I can make copies of the 8.5 x 14 document and send it to you.  Just email me your address.

If you can print an 8.5 X 14" document download the attached pdf file
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

kimmc

Hey Chet.  Thanks for taking the time to do this.  I think I can manage the fabrication from your very complete drawing.  Best, Kim Mc

Articifer Tom

Received mine in mail today . Thanks again . will post finish product , maybe awhile been busy baby sitting for 3 more weeks as daughter recovers from second grand daughters birth . also weather been terrible for me .

chetbrz

Quote from: Articifer Tom on January 19, 2018, 08:18:39 PM
Received mine in mail today . Thanks again . will post finish product , maybe awhile been busy baby sitting for 3 more weeks as daughter recovers from second grand daughters birth . also weather been terrible for me .

Congratulations on the birth of a new grand daughter, enjoy the baby sitting.  The weather here has chased me from the garage but today it is going into the 50's unfortunately I started an indoor room painting project so I will need to finish this up today.

Cheers, Chet... 
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member