• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

29 Wire Harness

Started by chetbrz, November 27, 2017, 11:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

I placed an order with YnZ's Yesterdays Parts for a new wire harness for my 29.  I added a couple of wiring extras that they had no trouble understanding and working through with me so that we were both speaking the same language.

Dave was correct in his assessment that actually talking with a live person and working out the details is a major benefit.

My plan is to work on prepping the car for the eventual installation of the harness then I will be able to fit the floor back in.  Currently its very easy with the floor out and the frame exposed to run wires and do some painting and cleanup tasks.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

racertb

kimmc

what were the "extras" you got? 

chetbrz

Hi Kim,

I had the wire harness set up with a 7 wire flasher system.  I have detachable rear bumper lights that I use for the road but can be removed for a car show.  Right now they plug into a hidden 4 wire trailer connector plug.  YnZ's is providing a separate disconnect for each of my removable rear lights.  The stock single rear light on the driver's side will continue to work as originally intended.

Currently I use the headlight parking lamp socket for a front flasher bulb.  YnZ's is providing a permanent connection to fog lights for the front bumper which will be wired up as front flasher lights.  These lights are chrome and attach to the flat front bumper.  The headlights will be wired as originally intended.

None of these safety improvements modify or in any way damage original Plymouth parts.

Ted, I will post pictures as always,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

kimmc

Good stuff to know.  Thanks Chet.   KMc