• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Master Cylinder Replacment Canister

Started by 29plycoop, March 01, 2018, 11:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

29plycoop

As brake fluid being so hard on any metal it touches for a long period of time, most all of the master cylinder canisters are damaged by corrosion. Mine was , so went on a wild goose chase to find a replacement . i was lucky to find an original replacement for mine. During my search, found a bulk supplier for a can that has all the right dimensions with one exception that the the top is not cone shaped. Your original screw on cap will fit and you will have to unsolder the fitting from the botton of the original can and solder it to the replacement. The diameter and length is the same as original canister. The inside is treated to handle the brake fluid.
I only purchased 3 or 4 to experiment with and they worked out great. Will have to check but think my cost for the limited quantity was about $10 each. If there are enough interested in one I could make some available at cost plus true shipping.
Leave a short reply to see how many are interested. - Rich
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.

chetbrz

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Crazydave

I'm interested.
I'm still using my converted purple primer can......

Russ T. Fender

Carson

29plycoop

As of today there are four 4 members interested in a brake canister. The canisters are $5.39 ea.The lids that fit this can are only $0.10 ea. and will not be available until the 26Th of March, so will wait to make an order until then. If there are any other members that want a canister leave a note here before the 26Th of March when I will make the order. SO - $5.39 + $0.10 +plus some shipping  I will ship the canisters to members by 1st Class Mail. The total can be figured out after I receive the canisters. - Rich 

Crazydave

Sounds good. Let me know if you want to be payed with Paypal or have a check mailed.

At that price put me down for 2. In case I f-up the first one or find my 29 touring........

frankp

Rich,

Please include me for 2 cans and lids also and explain how to pay.  Inexpensive insurance, for sure.

I'll be out from 3/29 - 4/4.

Thanks, frank
frank p

Russ T. Fender

Rich, put me down for two cans and tops.  Thanks for taking this on for us.

ehenin

Hi Rich,
I would take three cans and lids,
Thanks in advance,
Eric

ski

kimmc

Glad I saw this before the order date!  I will take 2 cans and caps.  Thanks so much.  Kim McCleneghan

29plycoop

So far as of today the reply's total up to 15 canisters and caps to order. I will make the order on the 2ed of April allowing for any added or changes to orders. Looks like an order of two canisters can be sent to you for about $12 to $15 total.  will calculate a little closer and post it here. Don't know he best way to pay as yet, will figure it out. No profit on my end just trying to help. Rich

chetbrz

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

29plycoop

Go to www.paypal.me/RICHCARS to make payment for canisters after I get all the totals figured out. With this link you do not have to have a paypal account to pay. Enter amount you owe and follow prompts. Will be a couple weeks before I get them. -Rich