• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

are these 29 fenders

Started by papajimmm, February 18, 2019, 10:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papajimmm

I sold the 29 on ebay and have 5 fenders, these are probable best two.
I think they are for a 29 Plymouth can anyone help confirm

kimmc

Don't know the answer but do you have any '29 Plymouth coupe rear fenders?  Thanks.  Kim

chetbrz

Kim, check the parts book they might be the same as the sedan.

As far as whether the fronts are 29 Plymouth post some dimensional info and I can check against mine.
Can't verify by the picture although they look correct.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

papajimmm

was going to put the tape measure to them but didn't have the time, hopefully this weekend..
think there were 2 rear, think this is one...not great shape and might even be the other one next to it but don't think so

papajimmm

only took a few pictures with a couple measurements

papajimmm

chetbrz

The rear fenders if, they are for Plymouth, look like those for a Rumble Seat Roadster.  The tip is the step pad on the right fender.

As for the front:

The length as measured from the firewall notch to the front tip is approximately 45.5 inches on my car.

The width is ambiguous because of the curved surfaces and the front to back tapper.  If I measure the width of my front driver's side fender from the body edge to the side at the end where the running board attaches, it measures 13.5 inches.

also:

The seamed notch is 2 5/8 inches from the inner edge of the fender near the running board.  At the point in your the photo where you measured I measured approximately 3".

From the parts reference the front fenders for the Q & U (all body types) were the same for most cars unless they were fitted with a well for spare tire.

You probably have a set of fenders for the 1929 Rumble Seat Roadster.

Can't confirm for sure, but that's my 2 cents.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

papajimmm

I still never found out if car was a 28 or 29 or some miss matched parts from over the years.
I believed it to be a deluxe(which just meant rumble seat), I will try to compare your measurements
to it , really didn't know what to measure

chetbrz

Quote from: papajimmm on February 24, 2019, 12:47:20 PM
I still never found out if car was a 28 or 29 or some miss matched parts from over the years.
I believed it to be a deluxe(which just meant rumble seat), I will try to compare your measurements
to it , really didn't know what to measure

That seems right.  I thought you meant deluxe sedan.  Rumble seat coupe or roadster, I think the difference would be hard or soft roof.

kimmc

papajimmm:  Thanks for the pictures of the rear fenders.  I appreciate the time you took to take the pictures and post them.  I'll stick with the ones I have as they are in better shape but thanks again anyhow.  Kimmc