• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Running Board Aluminum Trim Finish

Started by 29plycoop, August 12, 2011, 04:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

29plycoop

Need info. on the finish on the running boards. Do you know if the aluminum trim pieces that go around the outside edge of the running boards on a 1929 Plymouth Coupe model "U" were originally painted or just as unfinished aluminum? Thanks - Rich
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.

wellery

29PLYCOOP

There is an old photo floating around of a roadster coming of the production line - I had a quick look and they look shiny so I would suggest that they seem to be the natural color - not painted.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Wayne

mopardave

The trim on my "Q" is unfinished.  The car was restored in the 60's and I have no way of knowing if it is correct or not.
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

Rusty

That is a very nice unchanged orginial cra.  It would be nice to be able to store those photos somewhere so they can be used as a referance.    I could not
tell if the carb was orginial.

rusty

Gary 30U

Hi guys, Bob Romano, 251  Woodlawn Terrace, Collingswood, NJ 08108, (856) 858-6291 or bobroman@yahoo.com makes reproductions of the original aluminum mouldings. I have a set on my 30U and they look great.

Gary

29plycoop

Sounds as if the running board alum. trim will be glass beaded and clear coat sealed.  Due to the weakness of the original steel running board, will add a layer of stainless on the top for the rubber to glue down to. Thanks for the reply's. - Rich
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.