• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

28Q headlights

Started by imoore, June 02, 2012, 08:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imoore

I am looking into purchasing new headlights. i believe that ford model A use the same light as plymouth did. Is this correct?
If so would these lights work
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220931194408?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1279wt_956

The once that are on the car need a lot of work and would be easier and more reliable to source new ones. Plus they are far from original looking.

Thank Ian
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

Tinkeys

Hi Ian ,
         There is a place called TCR components 6/21 burgess rd,Bayswater Nth 3153 Victoria ph 03 97203006
Mainly ford components but sometimes are so similar  . I have bought a few items from them and are very helpfull website WWW.tcrcarcomponents.com.au
Cheers Tony.

Old Man

Ford Model As did not use the same headlights as our 28 and 29 or 30U Plymouths. Fords were stainless steel and I believe Ford was the only car in that era to use stainless in it's headlights,rad shell and cowl band. Ours are chrome plated steel buckets made by Depress Beam. They are bigger and fatter than Fords. Desoto shared the Plymouth Depress Beam headlights in those early years.     

Quote from: Old Man on October 15, 2012, 10:23:41 AM
Ford Model As did not use the same headlights as our 28 and 29 or 30U Plymouths. Fords were stainless steel and I believe Ford was the only car in that era to use stainless in it's headlights,rad shell and cowl band. Ours are chrome plated steel buckets made by Depress Beam. They are bigger and fatter than Fords. Desoto shared the Plymouth Depress Beam headlights in those early years.     
Dodge used stainless is some of its trim such as cowl bands, trunk ornaments ect. at least as early as 29 cars
Jason Anderson