• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Throttle lever question.

Started by Touring29, August 16, 2023, 10:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Touring29

I'm having to make one of the rods for the hand throttle and trying to get the geometry right. How far does the lever open the throttle? I am assuming that the throttle is closed when the lever is to the left of center and opens as you move it to the right. I have the motor back together and am tying up the loose ends while waiting for parts  to finish it up and get it running.

Touring29

No help here? Surely someone has a working hand throttle and can give me a description of how far it opens the carburetor and what position the lever is at idle. With the pieces I have I can make the linkage so the lever is straight up at idle and to the left wouldn't do anything or all the way to the left at idle and it would open the throttle a lot further. I haven't figured out a way for the lever to give it full throttle if that's what its supposed to do.

This probably seems like a silly question but having never seen another one of these cars in person and every picture seems to be different makes for some silly questions. When I started piecing the column together all I started with was a empty column with a old plastic steering wheel.   

Articifer Tom

The way mine works you can clamp the rod in any position to have off or full on . In only moves from about 10 t0 12 o'clock for throttle range .

chetbrz

Tom is right.  At the 12:00 o'clock position no effect on acceleration.

See attached picture which shows the linkage and its motion.   Arrows show direction. 

You cannot view this attachment.

Set up everything in the 12 o'clock position and you are done.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Touring29

Thanks! that's how I will rig it up.