• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

brake shoes on 29u

Started by 29roadster, April 05, 2011, 09:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDGlenn

Glenn, I replaced all my wheel brgs, front and rear, and the seals 3 months ago. I went to McCartney Brg Supply here in Watertown. I took my old brgs and seals in with me, they used their mic on brgs and seals, went to there books and found the brgs that fit the same as what they mic'ed. All fit perfectly.  I will look around and see if I can remember where I hid the reciepts, with the part numbers and send them to you. (1929 Coupe, should be the same as the roadster ??)
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

29roadster

That would be great Glenn because i had no luck today with them

29UJohn

You should be able to order the bearings thru any Bearing supply store.  These are still used on other applications and are readily available last I checked.  Don't wast your time at an auto parts store.  Look up "Bearings" in the yellow pages and find an industrial bearing supply store.  Or, you can order them on line.  If you rather have NOS, call Tom Hannaford at Then and Now Auto Parts.

Front Outer Cone (roller bearing) is # 09074  (Number 09074 was used on 28-48 Plymouth and 28-48 Ford cars)
Front Outer Cup is # 09194
Front Inner Cone (roller bearing) is #14132 (14130 and 14131 will also fit.)
Front Outer Cup is # 14274

The grease seals are available at the auto parts stores, but use the part number:
National    473450
Car Quest, ABD    473450
Chicago Rawhide (C/R) 18242
John
1929U 4 Dr

29roadster

Hey John
Thanks heaps for that I did take the old bearings into a couple of bearing places and they told me that they were no longer available.
If I don't have any luck with these numbers i'll get onto "Then and Now Auto Parts"I got the King pin set from them.
Cheers   Glenn

SDGlenn

John did you good, that should take care of it. Same as I got. Works and fits well. Good luck to you.
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

29UJohn

Try calling A & W Bearing Supply Co. in Texas at

800-442-7773

If they do not have them, ask them to check the Timkin interchange guide.

RIV 063513 will interchange with Timkin 09074.

John
1929U 4 Dr