• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Stromberg Carb

Started by SteveG, October 05, 2013, 12:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveG

The original carb on my '28 was replaced with a Stromberg VRO- 1. I would like to replace it with the stock unit, but the price for a rebuilt unit is way above my budjet.

I rebuilt it and it runs good., but I would like to know how to adjust it. I problably should leave it be, but that's no fun.

Is anyone running this carb or have any knowledge of it?

SteveG

chetbrz

Is it an updraft Carb.

If it looks like this I believe the bottom T screw might be the mixture.  I have a universal carb that looks similar and the instructions say to turn in the mixture screw until it starts to effect the idle then open it a little ? (1/4 or 1/2 turn) If it doesn't feel right at top end open it a bit more ?

PS... Make sure you remember how many turns you move any screw so you can get back to where you were !

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

SDGlenn

Steve, You did not mention if your car was changed to a down draft, or is it the updraft system.  I have a book that lists all carbs (I think all) from 1903 till 1950, all models of cars that used them. I do not find a  Stromberg  with the VRO- 1. All listed start with A, B, or E as the first letter in the type carb it is.  Do you have a part number? My book lists by part number also, if we can determine your carb fits in my book, Then I have tuneup guide for those carbs. My book lists Plymouths as having only Carter, from PJ thru the 1942 model, which I think are all down draft carbs. I know the 28 and 29s are updraft thou.
Take care
Glenn
SDGlenn

SteveG

So sorry. My carb is a URO-1 not VRO.

I found the answer on the AACA Plymouth site.

http://forums.aaca.org/f154/928-plymouth-carb-360277.html

I think I have it sorted out now,thanx.

SteveG