• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

1929 u sedan crossmember

Started by jeffrey grare, February 10, 2016, 11:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffrey grare

One more question (hopefully my last for a while) Is there a cross member (wooden) where the front floorboard meets the angled floorboard (cowl) I cannot tell if the sills were mortised out as there was not much left of the front half of the sills. There was just some 1 x 6 pine screwed to the brackets in the cowl and a piece of plywood  laying on the floor. I would think it wouldn't have to be very big, just enough to keep floor from sagging. Again any input is appreciated thank you      J.Grare

frankp

There is no cross member in my sedan.  It had no original floor board.  The toe board was intact and appeared to be original.

Please feel free to ask questions.  I believe that's the reason Chet established this in the first place - share knowledge and assist where we can.

frank
frank p

chetbrz

Quote from: frankp on February 11, 2016, 08:40:17 AM

Please feel free to ask questions.  I believe that's the reason Chet established this in the first place - share knowledge and assist where we can.

frank

Frank, you are absolutely correct. !!!
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member