• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Old man's '29U

Started by Old Man, October 21, 2012, 10:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Man

This isn't a topic just a 'note' from me to the rest of the forum. I no longer have a '29U but did a ground up restoration on a 4 door many moons ago. I never got it together because of family issues,moving/job etc.,(I was MUCH younger then,now retired old man) but I've included a photo of it as I brought it home in 1977. It was a complete original but as you can see had conical '29 Chev headlights and painted over chrome. If my memory holds out, there isn't much I can't help the forum with. I lived and breathed the '29 before selling it,again family issues, and moving on. A few years later when the dust settled and the kids had grown up and I had more space and income I bought an original barn fresh 1931 PA 4 door deluxe 6 wire wheeler with the leather covered trunk on the back. It and the '32 PB were the ultimate in the 4 cylinder Plymouths. The PA was much much faster than the Ford Model A,my friends and I raced them, and at 65 hp. the PB was faster still. The Ford guys could not believe the acceleration of the Plymouth versus their Fords. "Watch The Fords Go By" my a**. The 6 cylinder Chevs were slower still. And the Chev owners carry spare axles under the rear seat because they snap at a moments notice. They have to push in the clutch going over railroad crossings because the on again off again torque caused by slipping traction on the rails will snap a rear axle. You don't know how good you have it with your Plymouths.    

kimmc

You don't have to own a '29 Plymouth in order to be a great source of information about the cars and matters of restoration.  I appreciate that you've taken the time to help me with my project and recommend the PolyAll.  I hope you will continue to advise me as I proceed with this adventure of my first car restoration.  Regards, Kim

29roadster

Hey Old Man i second Kim you got a heap of knowledge that would be good to tap into.
and if you ever come down Perth West Aussie i could use some help on my Roadster
Cheers Glenn