• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Battery Tenders - Any comments or recommendations?

Started by 29UJohn, November 02, 2012, 07:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDGlenn

Great info all. Yes I am in SD. Lived here most of my lfe, and probable will die here. lol  We learn early in life in SD. For storage of batterys, disconnect  at least one btry terminal and check your charge monthly, and add a trickle charger if a bit low, let it charge over night. I haven't had a cracked battery in the last 50 odd years. I guess I have never kept track of how many years I get out of a battery though, when it doesnt start the car anymore I just replace it. With the price of used batterys now days, I turned in 2 batterys - one 6 v and one 12v Marine, and got 25 dollars for the pair. (From a iron salvage yard)
Thanks all
SDGlenn
SDGlenn

racertb

I had a 6 volt Deltran that worked well, now a Schumacher maintainer/charger that can be for 6 or 12v.  My current 6v battery is 4 years old.  Before that, I couldn't get one to last 2 years. 

Tinkeys

If solar charger is to be used and left connected it must have a solar controller or reg connected between solar panel and battery other wise battery will overcharge !
I use a similar system on my boat and hasn't been turned of for 2 years now  still going strong ?