• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Steering box info / Radiator tank

Started by Articifer Tom, September 06, 2020, 01:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Articifer Tom

Working on my steering box on my '31 truck UF10 . Warner Sector worm .  Worm number 42834 , tooth gear 309449 . If any body has Plymouth master book could see if any car crossed . i've found that Dodge DD6 do .  Also want to check Chrysler .
    Also looking for bottom of radiator to try an salvage a original honey-cone radiator . Bottom outlet rust out and damage tank .

frankp

Tom,  I see the Steering gear worm Q,U,30-U as 42834.  I sure don't see a listing for a tooth gear though.
frank p

Articifer Tom

Thanks  a lot Frank that greatly improves my hopes to find replacement parts . The tooth part may be called Worm gear wheel . but number is correct .As assembly it's number is #309494 .
     Have you ever disassembled one ,. Do you need to loosen clum switch and anything else from bottom to back column nut off enough to get free movement . Mine is tight turning the large nut . Was expecting it to loosen and column to loosen it's grip to bring back down against .

frankp

Tom,  I just followed the instructions in the manual to adjust slop.  Too far back to remember any details for guidance worth a hoot.  Have all your gears gone kaput?
frank p

Articifer Tom

I do not think so . I just finished rebuilding rusted rear springs and  feel with out the rigid back it had a little more slop in steering . And felt it was time to teak . Well after touching it it seems worst . .

Articifer Tom

With steering back to acceptable working , after readjusting . i have a spare steering box coming . Will be rebuilding that one . 
  So radiator shroud and bottom tank  is still needed . Started to clean tar out of fins .