• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Paint for 29 Plymouth Coupe

Started by SDGlenn, March 20, 2011, 11:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDGlenn

For those that do not go to the POC site, Here is my 1929 Plymouth Coupe, Some of the pictures of before I started, then forward. to the Primer...........Thanks guy.
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Gary 30U

Glenn, Starting to take shape. Keep up the good work.

Gary

29roadster

Hi Glenn
Looks great, ; Did you replace any wood in the frame and if so what type of wood did you use?
Keep up the good work  Glenn

Tinkeys

Looking good can't wait to see top coat colour mmmmmmm!!!!!

SDGlenn

Hey Guys, Good to see the interest in these old cars. LOL.  This car was pretty solid when I bought it, no wood was bad and the sheet metal was all pretty straight and no rust. Had to replace all the brake system and the wheel brgs and all the seals, did some repair work on the tranmission release brg support.  Then I did install turn signals and am going to install seat belts.  Haven't decided on a colot yet, Black for the fenders and trim but, maybe Maroon, or Dark Green, or dark blue, or..... don't know yet. lol
Thanks,
SD Glenn
The Snow is gradually getting less...... finally.
Tony, would you send me pictures of your hub caps? Thanks.
SDGlenn

Rusty

You have made a lot of progress since I saw your car.  Did you rebuild the engine?  rusty

SDGlenn

No, did not re-biuild the engine, haven't decided if I need to yet. Stop on over, need some help sanding the primer, getting ready for paint. LOL  Black and ??? don't know what color yet. lol
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

29plycoop

Here is a 1929 done in dark blue and black off the internet. (see attachment) Just for comparison of color. Good luck with the paint color decision - Rich 
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.

Tinkeys

Glen !
       Here a picture of wheel and hub cap  only have 1 good cap  2 are battered and 1ia dodge bros.

Tinkeys

Hi Glen !
This will probably be colour scheme for my car Italian cream and black same as wheel !

SDGlenn

Hey Tony, that is a beautiful wheel.... Beautiful. I can almost imagine what the car will look like when it gets the color on it. Great Job on the wheel, looks better than new, are you going to pin strip the wheel? you need to be proud.
Take care,
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Yes pinstriping last not sure what colour for pinstripe as yet any ideas anyone !!

Tinkeys

What colours do you have in mind young Glen ???

SDGlenn

Who the h--- are you calling young, I'm old enough to be your oldest brother. LOL I'll be 70 next month and feel like I'm only in my late 60s.
I'm not sure what colors would work on the Italian Cream, my wheels are ging to be black, thought I would use Italian Cream for my stripping. lol You made it easier for me posting your wheels, didn't know that color existed. Its a pretty color. lol We got another snow storm day before yesterday, another 5 - 6 inches, I was so sure spring was here, must be just around the corner, I keep peaking but don't see nothing coming.  pic attached.
Take care,
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Hi Glen !
I am 51 and feel like 91 most times !
If you like I can send you a list of colour names for plymouth around 29 to 33 I saw them on a web site .