• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

OT - Las Vegas Trip

Started by chetbrz, September 07, 2008, 04:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

I was in Loss Wages on business this week and had the opportunity to meet up with P15D24 Forum Member Richard Fleetwood (forum handle RFleetwood).  Rich showed me his project car a 1950 Plymouth 2 door convertible.  Sorry that I only took one picture but the battery on my camera was done and I was lucky to snap the one below. 

The car is all there but needs a good deal of TLC.  Rich has the drive train out and intends to put in a Mopar 318 V8 with automatic transmission.  He is currently welding in new floor metal and once completed, he will be removing the body for a frame off restoration and customization.   The floor is coming out great due to Rich's excellent welding skills and he has already put in cross members to keep the body true when he pulls it off the frame.

Lots of work to be done but when finished this is going to be one sweet ride.

I know this is Off Topic for our forum but I get a big kick out of meeting others in the hobby and seeing what they are doing to keep their old Plymouths on the road.  Remember the better majority of Plymouths out there are just not good candidates for all original show queens.  But most make great drivers and most of the drivers are nice people.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Satillite70

That's great to see Chet, I was talking to a fellow here in Saint John this weekend who used to have a '50 Plymouth Two door with a sloped back, when he was married he used the car at the wedding and he knows where this car is now, and the owner is willing to sell, but unfortunately he just bought a 58 chevy 2 door car.... I am looking at a '53 Plymouth 2 door that is complete for a cheap hot rod project.  I'm thinking flat black with flames and side pipes, and air bag suspension would be nice... wonder what my mom will say if I haul it home... they are asking $2,000 for the '53 I was looking at, but it needs a complete overhaul... I was thinking of showing them $1,500 cash and seeing if they would take it.

Chris
Saint John, New Brunswick