• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

A note from an old timer...

Started by chetbrz, October 06, 2009, 07:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

I received this email today from a gentleman who wondered onto our web site.

Hello,

I am Vic Miesel from PA. I'm 90 yrs old and your pages brought back the fondest memories of the one I  bought new and owned until 1937. I guess you are aware that it was the first car with Hydraulic Brakes & tubed tires.

I wrote back:

Thanks, Vic,

I am very glad to hear from you and I can't tell you how much I enjoy my 1929 Plymouth.  I epically enjoy keeping this automobile on the road and the joy it gives people who like yourself are reminded of a time where computers and video games were not even a concept.

My dear friends, this is what I believe this hobby is all about.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

29plycoop

Welcome aboard Mr.Miesel!  Thanks for sharing your happy memories. I was aware that the 29 Ply was the first hydraulic brakes but did not know about the tube tires. My 1929 Plymouth engine just came back from being overhauled and the owner of the shop shared a memory that I will pass along.
      He explained that when he was a young man he grew up in a rural area on a farm. His neighbor had a early 40's model Plymouth that would not start in the winter time. The car was obtained to go to town on Fridays to get groceries and other necessity's. The house was at the bottom of a high hill. The car was parked at the top of the hill before Friday's trip to town.  Friday morn they would hike up the hill, get in the car and roll down the hill in an ATTEMPT to start it. On real cold days one time up the hill was not enough and they would get the horses out of the barn, hitch up the car and tow it back up the hill to try again. On really really cold days it WOULD NOT START. One of the accessories the old Plymouth had was a gasoline heater, so they fired it up, hitch the horses to the car, raise the windshield and run the leashes through to handle the horses while Dad steered the car all the way to town. Talk about low miles per gallon!  I wish a picture was available of that one. I can see it now!!!!  HAPPY MOTORING!!!! -Rich     
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.

chetbrz

Rich,

I hope he did a better job on your engine so you don't have to park on top of a hill.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member