• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Q rear light required

Started by Des28Qau, November 18, 2013, 06:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Des28Qau

Hi Guys , Does any one know were I can get another rear lamp as in photos attached ? Also is this the origenal Q type lamp ?
Thanks Des
Des

Old Man

Yes that's the original "beehive" light for a '28 or '29 Plymouth all body styles. The only bit of information I can give is Durant used the same lamp and stantion as Plymouth in those years.

aussieQ

Hi Des,
I found the contact details for the guy in NZ that makes Plymouth tail lights.  Below is part of one of his ads from one of the web sites.

I believe he also makes the brackets for the taillights and also makes the winged radiator caps.

Maybe if you contact him you can list the prices of the parts on this site for the other forum members.

"1928 - 1931 Plymouth parts for sale Taillight bodys 1928 31. chromed 1928-31 Plymouth , Chrysler , Dodge, Desoto , Durant, Graham . these Bodys are made of Brass with brass studs & nuts chromed . also ready for paint if required . available in singles or pairs Left or right nothing of these lights are made of steel except the front screws are polished stainless steel. Bezels are made of brass & chromed . lenses are made of glass with the names carved into them . The electrics are NOS utilux double contact with 18watt / 6 watt bulbs also NOS ..
Please email me  s.d.gooch@paradise.net.nz ..Please email me with any questions and for Photo's.. I am based in Christchurch New Zealand and a member of the  Canterbury Vintage Car Club . Can answer any questions about them as i make  them ... Kind regards Dennis"

Regards
GaryS

aussieQ

Sorry, My mistake

The winged radiator Caps are made by another person in NZ, not Dennis.

below is the ad for the radiator caps.

"Reproduction Winged Radiator cap. I have a mould and can have them cast in bronze and chromed. these fit 1928 and 1929 Plymouth and also Chrysler. Chris Duffy New Zealand email chris1929@xtra.co.nz"

GaryS

Des28Qau

Hi Guys , Some more info, I would like the lamp assembly with lens etc ( has 1 piece glass ), It is 90mm or 3 1/2" across. The taillight king has only bezel available 1144 .  I have another mounting post/bracket/gooseneck ready to go onto the guard/fender. The car ( I believe ) is a Canadian build Fisher body and I would like to match the one already fitted.
No good at the Bendigo swap but found "Oldcarlens" USA can supply but over $400 to Au Ouch .
Gary I have emailed both contacts you gave and will post results.
Thanks Des.
Des