• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Another great day for a drive in the 29

Started by 29UJohn, November 07, 2020, 12:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

29UJohn

It is such a nice day, couldn't resist the urge to go for a drive in the 29.  We drove out to Clouds Cove, a farming area nestled between the hills and the Tennessee River Southwest of Huntsville, Alabama.  We drive 40 miles round trip.
John
1929U 4 Dr

chetbrz

Nice job John, did you run across any revenuers.  I hear moonshine may have traveled those same back roads.   I was able to do another 20 miles yesterday, one day at a time until I have confidence again in this old car.  It's really the vacuum fuel pump that I worry about.  Murphy's Law states "Whatever will go wrong, will.., and usually at the worst possible time".   So far, so good that's what worries me. 

I liked your pictures.  I really enjoy the countryside and the look on people's faces when you fly by at 30mph.  My grandson refers to the 29 as Pop pop's Jeep.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

29UJohn

No revenuers on this trip!  I know what you mean about the vacuum tank.  For years I have carried a small gas can with me in case I needed to refill the vacuum tank. I have rarely needed it.  But it is nice to have, just in case, like a spare tire.  Once time a while back the vacuum tank failed on me and I had to refill the vacuum tank several times to make it home.  The center wire managed to cut through the upper cork, which caused the tank to fail.  The fuel can pictured is really an old kerosene can.  Since it has a small spout, it works great for filling the vacuum tank. 
John
1929U 4 Dr