• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Check this out - thoughts?

Started by racertb, November 30, 2021, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racertb

Greetings,

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  When checking my oil a couple weeks ago, my dipstick actually broke and I lost most of it in the pan...crazy.  After draining the oil and removing the pan,  I was able to get the broken pieces out and clean everything up.  I have a 30U block that I took a dipstick from. I don't believe this is correct, but it is working. Please see the pictures of the broken dipstick and the one that I just took out of the other block. On one side of the handle it says 6 quart capacity. Also, see the pictures I took of the crank from underneath.  What do you notice here?

Articifer Tom

I have seen the upper one which I believe correct for sale  . Matches my PA engine . The grinding of crank way above my knowledge . My had been done to balance to enhances performance .

racertb

The motor was rebuilt in the '80s when my Dad had it and I didn't know exactly what they did. Does it look like it has inserts in there as opposed to Babbitt?  I'm just guessing here out of curiosity.

Russ T. Fender

The lower dip stick is the one on my 30-U.  I believe your bearings are not inserts.  Looks like babbitt from your pictures.