• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

A request for some special help. OT

Started by chetbrz, August 09, 2011, 09:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

Dear All,

I posted in a thread on the P15D24 forum a message about my sister-in-law who has been recently diagnosed with brain, lung & spinal cancer.   Since then, I sent this email to her:

Posted Aug 1, 2011 7:22pm

Hi Conni,

Well I finally logged in and get to have a semiprivate talk with you. Most of the time you and Melissa talk and I am in the background going what?, when? And Melissa saying shush I'm on the phone but that seems to work most of the time. We are all very concerned about you as well as about another 100 antique car guys that you don't know but I talk with. So we all send our love, Melissa included. I am not going to tell you to get well because that's a given. I am going to be selfish and tell you that we love you very much and you must get better so that we can feel less sad. PS... The car guys want a picture of you in the Marilyn Monroe outfit for their garages. I won't tell Michael. I hope we all can get together again soon and set the stove on fire, that was a blast.

Chet...

After 3 weeks in the hospital she was out the next day after the email above and then sent me this picture.

I truly think after all the people sending prays and other thoughts which are less then uplifting, the thought that you car guys, who she doesn't know, brought her a feeling of well being.

Since then I have logged on to her care pages and have seen the same old Oh God , Oh God greetings from caring individuals that just seem to harp on the despair instead of the reason we live.

I sent this email today:

Hi Conni,

I am glad you are home and have your sister for some company. It's hard to believe that you are out of energy. You are the most energetic person I know. Maybe Michael is rubbing off on you. (Sorry Mike) Anyway.., the picture you sent is a classic. I am hoping to drive up to NY soon with the old Plymouth. I plan to be on the road by mid September and want to take you out for a drive. The car guys are anxious to see a photo opportunity with Mariylyn and the 1948 Plymouth.

Cheers, lv u,

Chet, Melissa, Kids, Dogs, & Boyfriends.

The point being is I think this distraction has given her the strength to face the things that are coming while keeping her focused on the fact that her life has meaning, friends, and a future.  I hope that the last 6 years I have worked on my car may finally have a greater purpose then chauffeuring me around and maybe giving a wonderful person the courage to live. 

If you have a chance, please send her an email telling her you are waiting for a photo opportunity with my car and her dressed as Marilyn Monroe.  I think the outpouring of anonymous attention will give her the spirit to fight for her life.

If you have the time please email her at:

conni@takecenterstage.net

And tell her that you know me, where you are from, the type of car you have, and that you are waiting for a photo opportunity of Marilyn Monroe and Chet's 48 Plymouth.

Title your email Marilyn & Chet's 48 Plymouth

Maybe we can help save a life,

Thanks Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

1929luv

Chet

As you know prayer is very powerful.  My prayers go out for you and your family. She is way to young to leave us.  May God be with you, Craig

29plycoop

Chet - Gods speed to health and prayers have been sent. - Rich
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.

Sebastiano

two ways
God, the main but the only one valid
our, human, solidarity and mutual help

that's all, the best

Sebastiano

Sebastiano - Italy
owner a Ply 29U Touring & P8, De Luxe Coupè R/S

Tinkeys

I sure everyone that knows you will pray for you ,i know I will
All the best from Australia xxxxxxxxxx

chetbrz

Thanks to all,

My intent here was to give Conni something to look forward to that is fun and a distraction from the crisis she is currently faced with.  I appreciate all the prays and thoughts but the emails should be upbeat and focused on the single task of getting Marilyn and my 48 together for a photo opportunity.

You guys are great so thanks again and I will keep you all updated.

Now back to car stuff,

Chet...

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Tinkeys

Hi Conni !!
You dont know me but I know Chet and I to would like to see Marilyn with Chets 48 Plymouth
I am in the land they call Down Under (Australia)
I am an ower of A 1930 Plymouth, and what a thought if i could get Marilyn with my car Mmmmmm
Cheers for now.

Tony Seychell

wellery

Hi Conni

We to are from the land down under and we would love to have a pic of you and Chet's Plymouth on our Garage Wall my 8 year son Jasper old loves to have his picture taken with our old clinker and we cant even drive it yet but he thinks he can - He even makes the right noise for the motor that doesnt run - hey maybe we can do trade!!! - We would also like you to autograph it for us - as we a re a bit short on Marilyns down here.

Gods Blessing from all of us in our household.

Wayne, Samantha and Jasper

chetbrz

My sister-in-law Conni is doing OK and she is feeling much better but at the moment she is at Sloan Kettering due to some other complications.  I received this email from her last night.

Hi Chet!

What a thing you unleashed!!! It's cracking me up!  All these wonderful people from all over the world telling me their stories, sending me car pictures and wishing me well!  It's been extremely entertaining!! We better get that Marilyn picture for them with your car!!  Do you get copies of these emails?  I have at least 30!  I feel like I have a fanclub!  I got a really fascinating one that I will forward to you......

Lots of love,
Conni

My sincere thanks to all and special thanks to Jeff for his recollections of Norma Jean. 

Chet...

Tinkeys

Hi Chet !
Good to see everyone has made a difference to Connie , still waiting on that famous picture to be !!