• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

1930 U question

Started by GS Dan, July 19, 2014, 09:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GS Dan

Gentlemen,
Recently I have seen two different cars at shows both claiming to be 1930U's. Both cars had cowl 2 vents located at the top of the cowl. Tomorrow I am going to look at what a gentleman is claiming to be a 1930U, however it does not have the vents in the cowl. The question I'm posing is: what year had these vents? Also, is it possible the vents were an option, and perhaps that's why some cars would not have these?
Any info would be appreciated as I am not that familiar with the 1930U, I have a 29U which seems to be very different than the 30U.
Thanks,
Dan

chetbrz

Here is a link to Tod's web which has Model Information for the 30 U and others:

http://www.ply33.com/Models/30-U/

Maybe someone with a 30 U might be able to answer you question about the vent.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Old Man

As far as I know only the 1932 PB had 2 cowl vents. And they weren't optional. I have seen 30Us over the years that had some parts on them left over from the 1929 U and some parts that would show up on 31 PA,like 19" wheel wires. The '29 parts were the narrow ribbon rad shell and longer '29 hood. The 30U rad shell was much wider than the '28 Q and '29 U and so the '29 U hood had to used to close the space not there because of the narrow '29 U rad shell. (Hope that's clear as mud. LOL) I have never seen a 30 U with a 32 PB cowl BUT anything's possible I guess. It would be 2 models away from it's date of manufacture so I'm doubtful it was like that on day one. No other Plymouth,other than the '32 PB, was to have 2 cowl vents.     

GS Dan

Excellent, thanks for the info I appreciate it. I knew someone here would know.