• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

29 U motor???

Started by 29roadster, February 08, 2011, 06:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

29roadster

Hi all
I have a 29 Roadster and ready to start a engine rebuild, Engine No.  U 64257^^C  the ^^ are arrows  Silver Dome on the head.
Is there a way to tell if this is the original motor for the car or year of make? Any info on the motor or thing to watch out for would be a real help, never rebuilt a flat head before.
Cheers  Glenn

kimmc

Glenn; I was looking at the Plymouth Owners Club car judging rules last night and remembered reading this:

"The 30U carried a U series engine but to differentiate between the old U engine & the new, engine numbers ran in a different sequence. The 1929U numbers ended at U110,000, while the 30Us U series engine began at engine number U200,001 and ran to U277,000."  (pg 22)

I am not an expert like others in the club whom you might consult, but I thought this would be a start for your research.

Good luck, Kim Mc ('29 U biz coupe)

SDGlenn

Hey there, Glenn from down under
This is Glenn from SD.
Try the site by Tod Fitch, this will probable answer most of your questions. Surprised you haven't seen this before. It is a marvelous site.
www.ply33.com/models/q/
Glenn
SDGlenn

29roadster

Hi
Thanks for the info, that link is full of good info, The serial number i dont have one on the dash is there a way of working out what it might be from the engine number and maybe a chassis number?? because i would like to get one also might need it for the licence on the car.  Glenn

SDGlenn

There is no Oval shape medalion on the center of your dash? or you can't read it? I know of no other place to find that one.. some one else on this forum might have. Good luck with that.
Glenn from SD
SDGlenn

29roadster

There is a spot where it should be and i would say someone has taken it, dont you hate that