• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Turn signals

Started by Doug, March 02, 2015, 07:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

I have been collecting the things I needed for installing my turn signals for a while. Received my flasher today. Didn't drill any extra holes. It all can be taken back out and never know it was there. I will feel safer when making a turn. I would like to have an older styl switch but I have had this one laying around for a long time.

chetbrz

I think if you drive your car a lot turn signals are a good safety feature.  I wired my rear lights into a trailer type plug connector that's hidden under the car.  This way I can remove them for the occasional car show.  The rear lights are clamped to the rear fender.  I couldn't find a picture.  Like you.., no damage to original parts.  The front parking lights are wired as turn signals so yes the whole headlight bucket blinks. 

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Doug

I thought about using the park lights, And I bought an original tail light to put on the right side. The more I thought about it this is what I came up with. The front lights are bolted to the bottom of the Head light studs and the rear are mounted on a piece of tubing and bolted through a hole that already existed in the spare tire mount. Al the wiring is separate from the car, and on its on fuse. The lights are Harley Davidson that I accumulated from my work, I have had the Yankee switch so long I for got where It came from. I had to buy some wire witch is something I use all the time anyway and I found an electronic 6 volt flasher on ebay cheaper than my local parts store wanted for a point style, I drive the car frequently just a mile down the road to an RC flying field. It is a busy road and Hand signals just were not working.