• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Sharing my good fortune...

Started by kimmc, June 22, 2012, 10:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimmc

Last week a street rodding neighbor called and said he was bringing a radiator over for me to look at.  He bought it sight-unseen from a friend who said it would fit his '32 International pickup street rod.  It wasn't right so he brought it over and asked me if I knew what the radiator fit; he was going to take it to a swap meet to sell.  What I saw was a "honey-comb" core vintage radiator still secured in the original wooden crate.  I told him it looked identical to the radiator in my '29 Plymouth coupe.  We pulled out the box and on the end of the crate was stenciled "radiator for Plymouth; 1929-30, 4 cyl".  Apparently no one bothered to look at the box!  I bought it right there.  I needed it for the restoration of my great-grandfathers coupe.  Sorry, it is not for sale.  But I thought some of you would like to see it.  Kim Mc

Gary 30U

It is just amazig what is still out there. You have one great neighbor.

A great item for your project.

Good Luck and Happy Motoring, Gary R.

Save the box, it would be a shame to even use it, Id display it as is
Jason Anderson

kimmc

reply to Jason A.  I intend to keep the box for sure.  I don't know yet if the other radiator I have leaks or not; still have to test it.  If it is good, I will use it instead and keep the box and radiator together; after all, the two have been together for 83 years!  The set makes a pretty cool item.  It still has the label of the shipping destination in Oakland CA (visible in picture).  Kim Mc

Tinkeys

Well done Kim !
                      Just goes to show you ". U never no !,
Never stop looking and preserve what you can !!!

chetbrz

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

29plycoop

Great find! Kim Mc. In the interest of recording historical fact, could you take some dimensions of the radiator applied to a sketch and post it here?  It would be good info to have on file when shopping for parts.  Happy Motoring!!!! Thanks Rich 
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.

kimmc

Rich:  OK, I can do that.  Kim Mc