• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Frame to body blocks

Started by Russ T. Fender, February 04, 2020, 10:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ T. Fender

Is there a source for the body to frame mounting blocks for the 30-U?  If not, what are you using?

chetbrz

I can't help you I have a 29u. The 30u had an all steel body.  The 29 is wood framed with steel skins.  I'm sure someone will chime in.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

chetbrz

Quote from: Russ T. Fender on February 04, 2020, 10:27:58 AM
Is there a source for the body to frame mounting blocks for the 30-U?  If not, what are you using?

Any luck finding a solution.  If these blocks are rubber they can be revulcanized.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Russ T. Fender

No luck so far but I did order a thick, flat piece of dense rubber that I will try to shape into pads.  What I have is barely enough for patterns but I think I know where they need to be.  Since my car has an all steel body I am assuming the pads are not as critical for shimming the body as they are on a wooden frame body.  I guess I will find out soon enough.

ehenin

Do you have a picture of the blocks and what model of 30 are you working on?

Russ T. Fender

They are not blocks but rubber pads.  I only have one that I will try to attach a picture of and I do not know how many were used or exactly where they were located on the frame.  My car is an early 30-U rumble seat coupe.   

ehenin

I think there are 4 pads on each side, attached are photos from June 1930 coupes,  I have wood rails and pads.  the bottoms of the wood rails are shown and show the "shadows" of 4 pads on each side.  the frame shows the hole the detail is for,  the detail shows the bolt, nut, a rectangular steel washer, the frame, the pad, the wood rail and the body at the top.  Hope this helps.

Russ T. Fender

Thanks, that's what I needed!